Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blogtember Day 4: My Skincare Routine, Part One!

Posted by Unknown at 8:06 PM
My Caroline Hirons Inspired Skincare Routine

Hello Friends!

I have been really struggling to keep to my schedule, but here's my make-up post for yesterday!

My skin is nowhere near perfect, but since updating my skincare routine, I have really seen improvement.

With acne-prone skin, I always favored acne face wipes, foaming or scrubbing cleansers, harsh toners, and lots of chemicals. A few months ago, I discovered skin expert Caroline Hirons on Youtube, and after spending several hours reading her blog, I knew I needed to make a change.

First to go were the face wipes. While they take off a lot of makeup, they leave anything that has settled into pores. Next was the foaming cleanser- they can be hard on skin and can affect the pH of the skin, actually encouraging acne. Finally the astringent toners. They strip the skin of all oils, drying it out, and can inflame acne.

Now that you know what I  don't do, here's my routine.

Morning:

  • Natural, gentle cleanser, free of parabens, foaming agents, mineral oil, and other nasties, applied to dry skin, and then scrubbed off with a warm, wet wash cloth.
  • Fruit based, pH balancing toner, applied with a cotton round. I looked for one that was alcohol free or low, and high in fruit acids.
  • Spray Hydrator with rosewater and glycerin. One with Hyaluronic acid is best.
  • Mineral Oil free moisturizer. (sometimes I skip this step and go straight to my Miracle Skin Transformer.
Evening:
  • Cream cleanser, applied to dry skin, allowed to sit for a few minutes, and then wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. There's two routes to go with this- cream or balm. I prefer the balm, but it is harder to get off. I find that I need to rinse out the wash cloth at least once during the process. This step really helps to get all of my makeup off. It's definitely too heavy for morning use.
  • I use the same cleanser from the morning in the evening. The second cleanse takes off any residual makeup or balm cleanser. Caroline Hirons says that a second cleanse is essential, and I'm always so surprised how much more makeup comes off.
  • I follow with the toner and spray routine from the morning.
  • Acne treatment- I'm still using my same treatment, since it was too expensive to toss, but I will be looking for a natural option once I use it up.
  • Night cream-  I use an enzymatic cream to help with my skin.
  • Toss my washcloth in the wash- they grow bacteria that can cause acne!
For more information as to the rationale of this routine, I really recommend looking at Caroline Hirons' blog, BeautyMouth, and especially her cleansing and routines cheat sheets.

Tomorrow I will go into more details about my morning products!

Always,

Nani xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lovely Ladybug Beauty Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos