Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blogtember Day Five: My Morning Skin Products!

Posted by Unknown at 10:04 PM

My Morning Skincare Products!
Hello Friends!

Since I outlined my Caroline Hirons inspired skincare routine yesterday, I thought I'd go into a little more detail on the products I've picked out. My skin is responding really well to these, and they are [almost] all drugstore products!

My morning routine starts with a cleansing. I chose the Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser with Royal Jelly ($10, pictured above). I love this cleanser! It's really gentle, and 99% natural. It doesn't have any foaming agents or parabens, and almost all of the ingredients are derived from plants. It does have cleansing beads in it, but the beads are jojoba, and don't abrade the skin, so they don't bother me. I find it to be really effective, and the royal jelly is really nourishing (it's what bees produce to feed the larvae and queens). I'm about halfway through with this bottle, and I am planning on repurchasing.


I follow that with a the Avalon Organics' Vitamin C Renewal Balancing Toner ($12.50). This stuff is amazing. It is filled with nutrients- vitamin C to fight hyper-pigmentation, fruit acids to encourage natural exfoliation, and aloe to soothe the skin. It is also pH balanced to what a normal skin environment should be. And can I just say- it smells AMAZING. I don't know if you guys grew up drinking Tang, but that's what it smells like. The bottle is really big, too. It's 8.5 oz (251 mL), but since you only need one or two dampened cotton rounds, this is going to last me a very long time. I'm very happy with this stuff, and I will definitely repurchase.


The next step is my Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz ($8.40). I'm not in love with this hydrating spray, but it does the job. It's 100% organic, and is mainly water and rose water. However, it has a very high alcohol content, which kind of counteracts the hydrating properties. I'm on the look out for a better spray hydrator, but it looks like I'm going to end up spending a little more for a hyaluronic product.


The moisturizer I use changes most days, but the one that I use most days is the one higher end product on this list- Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus moisturizer for oily and blemish prone skin ($35). I find this stuff to be really moisturizing, and it seems to help with oil control. I love it! A little goes a long way, so I will repurchase, but probably not for a long while yet.

This is routine generally takes me about five minutes (depending on how awake I am!), so I do it most days. When I'm in a rush, the last two steps tend to get neglected.

Check back Friday for my evening routine!

Always,

Nani xx

Follow me on:
Google+ 
Twitter
Bloglovin'
Instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lovely Ladybug Beauty Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos