Monday, September 2, 2013

Blogtember Day One: Cover FX review

Posted by Unknown at 8:42 PM
Cover Fx Total Cover Cream Foundation 

Hello Friends!

The quest is over!!  I've finally found my holy grail foundation! (Well, two of them, but that's another post)

As many of you guys know, I've been searching and searching for the right foundation for the last year. Every time I found one, I was disappointed in it within a few months. This time I thought I'd wait to let you know about it for a while to make sure I loved it- erand I do!

I had tried the Cover Fx foundation before (in shade N20- a neutral), but had gone for a cheaper option at the time. After returning that one, I got rematched in the Cover Fx to shade G20 (for "light skin with golden undertones). I had always been matched to neutral colors in the past, so I was a bit skeptical, but after trying this stuff for a few days, I was convinced. (I suppose I shouldn't be surprised with Native American and Filipina heritage on my mother's side.)

The cream formulation works surprisingly well with my oily skin, although I do use setting spray and sheer powder with it. I find it very buildable, and great for medium to full coverage. It's not too heavy on the skin, but it's not my favorite for hot days.

I think one of my favorite things about this foundation is how great it's been for my skin. The MAC foundation I was using was very hard on my skin, and I've been having pretty bad breakouts since then. This foundation is free of a ton of acnegenic and irritating ingredients, and it almost seems to be be aiding in clearing up the acne. It also works very well to cover any redness I have.

The foundation is available in a wide range of shades in Neutral, Gold, and Pink undertones (a total of 26, I believe), with mineral powder foundation and cream concealers to match. It sells for $42 at Sephora, and it has lasted me about two and a half months so far. I have hit pan, but their is a lot of product left around the edges, so I think it will definitely last the month, and possibly into October.

All in all, this is a great product, and I recommend it for anyone looking for a light wearing cream foundation!

Always,

Nani xx

Follow me on:
Google+ 
Twitter
Bloglovin'
Instagram

1 comments:

HannaH on September 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM said...

Cover Fx is a great brand and they have great products as well. Nice review honey :)
I love the concealer & foundation, also the cream foundation :)

http://bellagirlsbeauty.blogspot.ca

Post a Comment

 

Lovely Ladybug Beauty Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos