Friday, September 6, 2013

Blogtember Day Three: My Favorite Primer/BB Cream!

Posted by Unknown at 7:56 PM
Miracle Skin Transformer Acne Control Tinted Moisturizer!
(Image from the MST website)

Hello Friends,

Today, to wrap up week one of Blogtember, I thought I would show you guys my final foundation-type product!

The Miracle Skin Transformer: Acne Control ($48) is sold as a tinted moisturizer, but I'm not sure I agree with that. The coverage is a little too heavy for that, more like a good BB Cream. That being said, it's not like any BB Cream I've tried, either. There should be another category... Something like "Wears like a Moisturizer, Claims to do a lot like a BB Cream, and Not quite heavy enough to be a Foundation." Sounds marketable to me! :)

All of that being said, this product was sold to me as a primer. As you may know, I've been through almost as many primers as I have foundations... and that's saying something. Almost every time I've tried a new one, I've found it adequate at best. After expressing my frustrations to a friend, he whisked me off to a small display found in the very back of my local Sephora. "This is your solution!"

At first glance, I was non-plussed. It claimed a lot, but I took a sample home to try it. First, let me tell you that, unlike other BB Cream/tinted moisturizers, it doesn't look orange on me at all. It's also pretty long lasting (even on oily skin). By the end of my sample I was hooked. Even though it is labeled as a tinted moisturizer, I do wear it under my other foundation, and I love it. It's light enough that you don't feel like it's there, but I definitely notice a difference if I don't use it! I have worn it on it it's own, but feel like it wears better (on me) with a setting powder over the top.

Now, for it's claims:

  • Flawless Finish - Probably true on better skin than mine, but it is pretty good at covering even angry blemishes, cancelling out most (if not all) of the redness.
  • Moisturizes - True. I put it on in place of my morning moisturizer sometimes, and haven't had any problems.
  • Treats and Prevents Breakouts - True. Like any other salicylic acid-containing products, it does help with breakouts, but it's not terribly noticeable when used in conjunction with other acne fighting products. They also sell a sheer version for night time use, but I'm not sure it would be any better than a less-expensive salicylic acid product.
  • Oil-Control - True! This is where the product really got my attention. I have had so much trouble with makeup breaking down or "separating" in my oily zones, and this has effectively stopped that. I am so impressed with this. It's what I was after in a primer, and this has performed better in that respect than any other primer I've used.
Overall, I feel like this product does a great job living up to what it claims to do. It has really helped with a lot of my skin struggles, and I will definitely re-purchase!

Always,

Nani xx




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! We just followed u on Bloglovin, GFC, and Twitter! Hope u will follow us back! We love finding new blogs!!!! :)))

www.twentythirtyglam.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Lovely Ladybug Beauty Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos